"Speaking about the improvement sciences is a delight".
The topic presents a unique opportunity to rethink our purpose and the purpose of the system we deliver care in.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.”
Besides custom Keynote presentations, we can cover the following:
- Improvement 101: What is it? What does it feel like? How do we start?
- An Improvement Scientists Journey through the Patient and Family Experience
- How to thrive in the new healthcare economy [“we know WHAT/WHY … HOW do we survive!”]
- Engaging leaders and staff in improvement
- Best practices use of data for improvement
- The critical nature of “Profound Knowledge”
- Using the “IHI-QI” (“Profound Knowledge” and the Model for Improvement”)
- Using the Model for Improvement
- Running PDSA cycles to build knowledge while testing change
- Empowering Staff: improvement brings joy
- The graphical display of data: what makes a great chart?
- Why “Reliability” is critical
- Using “Root Cause” to determine where to start
- Creating healthcare measures: process, outcome and balancing
- Improvement lesson learned “the hard way”
- Statistical Process Control: what value are these “SPC” tools?
- Statistical Process Control: how to use SPC within healthcare
“William’s passion for his subject is infectiously contagious.”
“He has a gift for making dry, typically boring topics, fun and relevant to what we do day-to-day on the floor.”